Kirsten Domingo-Bibbins PhD, MD, MAS
Lee Goldman, MD Endowed Chair in Medicine
Professor and Chair, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Vice Dean for Population Health and Health Equity, UCSF School of Medicine
Director, UCSF Center for Vulnerable Populations at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital
Director, Training Programs in the UCSF Clinical and Translational Sciences Training Programs
University of California, San Francisco
Kirsten Bibbins-Domingo, PhD, MD, MAS is the Lee Goldman, MD Endowed Chair in Medicine and Professor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Medicine. She is the Vice Dean for Population Health and Health Equity in the UCSF School of Medicine, and she directs the UCSF Center for Vulnerable Populations at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, a research center focused on discovery, implementation, policy, advocacy,and community engagement for communities at risk for poor health and inadequate healthcare. A general internist at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, Dr. Bibbins-Domingo has expertise in cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and chronic kidney disease with a particular interest in the development of chronic disease in young adults.
Her work focuses on racial, ethnic and income differences in manifestations of chronic disease and effective clinical, public health, and policy interventions aimed at prevention. She leads the UCSF computer simulation modeling group using the Cardiovascular Disease Policy Model. Dr. Bibbins-Domingo is the PI or joint PI of three collaborative center grants from the NIH: the NIMHD P60 Center for Health And Risk in Minority youth and adults (CHARM) addressing disparities in chronic disease in youth and young adults, Bring It Down an NINDS U54 research center addressing stroke prevention and stroke disparities in collaboration with Kaiser Permanente Northern California, and BUILD a NIGMS U54 infrastructure and training grant with San Francisco State University. She has been a member of the US Preventive Services Task Force since 2010 and is the Immediate Past Chair. She is a member of the American Society for Clinical Investigation, the National Academy of Medicine, and the Association of American Physicians.
- Kazi DS, Moran AE, Coxson PG, Penko J, Ollendorf DA, Pearson SD, Tice JA, Guzman D, Bibbins-Domingo K; Cost-effectiveness of PCSK9 Inhibitor Therapy in Patients With Heterozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia or Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease.; JAMA; 2016 View in: PubMed
- Odden MC, Pletcher MJ, Coxson PG, Thekkethala D, Guzman D, Heller D, Goldman L, Bibbins-Domingo K; Cost-effectiveness and population impact of statins for primary prevention in adults aged 75 years or older in the United States.; Annals Of Internal Medicine; 2015 View in: PubMed
- Seligman HK, Bolger AF, Guzman D, López A, Bibbins-Domingo K. Exhaustion Of Food Budgets At Month’s End And Hospital Admissions For Hypoglycemia.. Health Aff (Millwood). 2014 Jan; 33(1):116-23. View in: PubMed
- Wang YC, Coxson P, Shen YM, Goldman L, Bibbins-Domingo K. A penny-per-ounce tax on sugar-sweetened beverages would cut health and cost burdens of diabetes.. Health Aff (Millwood). 2012 Jan; 31(1):199-207. View in: PubMed
- Bibbins-Domingo K, Pletcher MJ, Lin F, Vittinghoff E, Gardin JM, Arynchyn A, Lewis CE, Williams OD, Hulley SB. Racial differences in incident heart failure among young adults.. N Engl J Med. 2009 Mar 19; 360(12):1179-90. View in: PubMed
- Bibbins-Domingo K, Chertow GM, Coxson PG, Moran A, Lightwood JM, Pletcher MJ, Goldman L. Projected effect of dietary salt reductions on future cardiovascular disease.. N Engl J Med. 2010 Feb 18; 362(7):590-9. View in: PubMed
- Bibbins-Domingo K, Coxson P, Pletcher MJ, Lightwood J, Goldman L. Adolescent overweight and future adult coronary heart disease.. N Engl J Med. 2007 Dec 6; 357(23):2371-9. View in: PubMed